Thursday, August 16, 2007

Growing up


Let me just say, I've prepared my whole life for getting married, it seems. But nothing has prepared me for buying a house. This could be one of the most overwhelming processes in the world. I have seriously been sheltered for how much actual living on your own costs. I dont know why I let it stress me out. It's just so intimidating. I mean, mortgage payments, porperty taxes, home insurance, loan insurance, car insurance (which has nothing to do with buying a house, but we're dealing with that too) all of these things I've never factored into the cost of living before seem to be almost ALL of our budget now. WOW. I just dont see how everyone else has done it and made it look so easy. I'm just whining I guess. I'm not the only one with money concerns and I'm not the first to step out on her own. At least I have Matt. He's so supportive and he's really being postitive about the whole deal. He's "speaking life" as I like to call it. I don't think I would be able to do all this by myself. Please just pray for us, especially pray that I will start being positive about things and trust in God. He's the One who has blessed us this far and has gotten us to this point in the process anyway.
I just need to give Him my insecurities and just shut up and watch Him take care of us. :)

1 comment:

not said...

is that your new house! it is so cute!!!! i am SOOOOOO happy for ya'll!