Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blogs from MySpace (Con.2)

August 1, 2006

Words of Encouragement
Current mood: pensive
Category: Life

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, THE LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.

Isaiah 12:2

Psalm 121 - A song of ascents

I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-He who watches over you will not slumber;

indeed He who watches over Israel will not sleep or slumber.

The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand;

the sun will not harm you by day, neither the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm-He will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your coming and your going both now and forevermore.


These verses just came to me today at the right time. Suddenly conversations became more and more serious and I ended up having a introspective/God-lead "epiphany" type conversation with Kristen. We were both kinda stunned, seeing as we'd not planned on such meaningful conversation in our day of no responsibility relaxation. But the best conversations I think are the spontaneous bonding ones that bring you closer to someone, and make you think, and make you want to be a better person/friend/servant. The specific verses that came to mind were Ps. 121:1-2, but I found the Isaiah verse on the way to the others. And I added the "song of ascents" part because I had just been talking about having to start the "climb up the hill." Hmm, ironic. (God's amazingly ironic.) Anyway, I just wanted to share the verses in case anyone else might need the same encouragement I did. And I hope you are encouraged even if you didn't want to be :)

Comments:

It's amazing how reading the Living Word can reveal different things even when read several times.

Posted by [Raconteur] on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 8:50 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: