Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blogs from MySpace (Con.)

May 13, 2006
Roots

Current mood: relaxed

So, I'm from Alabama. Sometimes when people ask me where I'm from, I just wait to see what their response is going to be. I get the whole, "Oh...that's...nice" or the "Why are you still here?" reactions usually. Don't get me wrong, I like living in Alabama, but I also would seriously love to get out! I would like to try a different environment. I think it would make me grow, help me mature, and teach me a thing or two. But I've been thinking about this whole "I hate Alabama" mindset that I somehow put myself in periodically. You know the one where you begin to judge everyone that's from here that enjoys their life, and you start to think you're better than those people because you want to move away. What is wrong with me being from Alabama? Nothing. I actually enjoy it. Parts of Alabama are beautiful, we have green fields, hills (hello Vestavia), beaches and gorgeous sunsets. I was raised by my Alabama parents, and I think they did a pretty good job. They taught me to love God, enjoy what you have, and be thankful for everything. My mom gave me her genuine Southern courtesy, and my dad, with all of his hardwork and Southern charm, showed me to expect guys to be gentlmen and that a guy that's afraid to work, will never work hard for you in a relationship. I mean, what's so freakin bad about that? No matter where I go in life, I shouldn't forget where I'm from. It makes me who I am. And who's to think that I'm just supposed to go out and experience everyone else and their backgrounds? Maybe someone's supposed to experience mine too. Some of the best movies are made up of that plot line. (The Notebook, Braveheart, Moulin Rouge, Almost Famous, Fools Rush In, Garden State, I could go on and on...)


As long as you keep an open mind about life and situations, there's nothing wrong with keeping true to yourself and where you come from. Just quit judging and enjoy what's around you.

Currently listening :
Careful Confessions
By Sara Bareilles
Release date: By 20 January, 2004

Comments:

Hello Vestavia.

Posted by JustJennifer. on Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 8:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

Yay for Vestavians, i swear, we're not all bad

Posted by Phillip on Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:25 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

Amen Carla! I'm proud of where I'm from. It's a small town of about 3,000 people and the most beautiful place in the world to me. It's very peaceful and laid back and if I ever want to go somewhere else... I just take a drive and I'm there! I have some pics from around where I live on facebook in the "Back Home" album.

Posted by Justin on Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 8:18 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

Yea I'm guilty! I've always had the mindset that everyone who just wants to stay in there hometown their whole life and never get out is just stupid but I'm really trying to fix that! Its funny cause as much as I talked about hating T-Town and wanting to get out I was homesick and ready to come back after like a month of living in Atlanta! Crazy stuff!

Posted by Rockmoon on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 11:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: