Saturday, April 12, 2008

THREE HOURS!

So, I finally put up some info on my profile. I didn't for a long time because I had a myspace and facebook, and it just seemed redundant. So, if you want, you can read some of that. I didn't write about me because for some reason, it seems creepier to write it on here, even though all my blogs are...yes, about me. You don't have to be my friend to view this. Not that I get a lot of "stalkers" nowadays, but...you never know! ha. That blog counter DOES keep going up.

I'm ready to go home! I'm at my old job, just filling in for a 3-hour Saturday. I figured it was the last time I would be able to make a quick buck on a Saturday morning, so why not do it? I have to say though, this is painful. It's half-way through, and wow, I'm hungry and I want to GOOOO!

So, I've spent most of the morning trying to find the name of a book I used to read as a child and loved. I wanted to give it as a birthday gift to one of the children I nanny now. I couldn't remember the title or author. All I could remember is what it was about and the little characters in the book. I have to give props to the google. I found it. Richard Scarry, "Cars, Trucks, and Things that Go." I used to love the illustrations, and I remember the story wasn't too emotional, like that Corduroy book! (I loved Corduroy, but it made me sad.) I used to have "My Golden Book of Manners" book illustrated by Scarry. My mom bought it for me, and it taught me so much. Matt still wonders how I know that it's not good manners to slurp your soup in public.

Speaking of nannying things, I have learned SO much already, in just the first 3 days. Mostly I've learned that I have a lot to learn. ha. I love my job, love love love. It's so awesome to have the opportunity to be involved with raising a child. And the two that I keep are so sweet. I love it when they say "Cah-la" and when they get big smiles and laugh at me. And I can't wait til all these things happen more frequently! The transition from mommy, to babysitters, to me has been hard for them. I hope that soon, things will settle down and become more routine for them to see me. I want to do the best for them at everything. I want to inspire them, challenge them, educate them, comfort them, love them. THIS, and only this, makes me want to go back to school. I want to be the best at my job!

I just praise the Lord for giving me this life. I don't deserve all of His blessings. It's everything that I've wanted up to this point. And I have a while for the rest of it...(Matt, that means kids, don't worry.)

"God carries in His heart the fullfillment to all the desires that He has placed in yours." - George McDonald, paraphrased from Psalm 37:4

No comments: