Friday, November 16, 2007

Is anybody out there?

Alright, I've tried not to vent in a blog about my own personal feelings lately, but now I'm gonna.

I FREAKING HATE WHEN PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO ME. I mean, you have NO IDEA how many examples I can give you when I'm just sitting there in the middle of a sentence and people just start talking to other people. Matt's seen it happen. It's rididculous. It's like my words just go silent. I'm not even speaking about things that are trivial. It's like actually something useful. But people just want to not hear it and act like they came up with whatever I said on there on in the next few sentences they say. OR, later on, I'll hear them talking to people about the SAME EXACT SUBJECT and the person will tell them EXACTLY what I said and they're like "Oh, yeah...you're right." I most of all hate it when I'm trying to just say one thing and it doesn't matter what it is, the person is going to disagree.

I know I'm opinionated. I know that I have a problem sometimes when I see someone not "living fully" or whatever just because they won't open their mind on bit just to try something new. But I don't want to be like that anymore. I'd rather be apathetic than argumentative. I am SO sick of arguing my opinions. You don't have to think I'm right. It doesn't matter. We are all different people, you know. I'm the first one to say that just because something is right or wrong for one, doesn't mean it's the same for another person. (Of course I don't mean what it out-right states in the Bible is up for interpretation, I just mean the grey areas.)

So I will live and let live.
I will choose my battles.
I will become a verbal pacifist.
(hopefully)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree with every bit of that. It's almost as if some said, "I don't care what you have to say." What a slap in the face.

nope said...

Never stop arguing your points, for when you do, they will become only dead thoughts. While your opinions might not fit the lives of everyone around you, you should still put them out there for others to think about and either accept or reject!