Thursday, July 29, 2010

2 year Catch-up

I have so much to blog about, I don't even know where to begin. There's no way I can catch up on all of that missed time, but I will try to mention some highlights.

When I wrote my last post (before the one about coming back to blog,) I had just found out that I was pregnant with Audrey. That's what that post was about, really. And that's why I stopped blogging. We didn't have internet at our house, and I started to have morning sickness about 5 weeks in, so with that and being so tired after work, I just didn't feel like spending my nights on the internet at Starbucks anymore.

We weren't expecting to get pregnant right away, but we did. I prayed and prayed about it because just months before. Matt and I felt that I should stop the Pill. We just felt that God was in control of our family and that if He wanted us to get pregnant, or not get pregnant, He WAS in control, and we didn't need to spend the $50 a month and put all of those extra hormones in my body to try to control it ourself. Not to say that we didn't use other methods, but we still just didn't feel at peace about the Pill. (I hope that makes sense.) And I was ok with not having that 99.9% guarantee of not getting pregnant until I switched jobs. I didn't want to get pregnant and have to quit my new job as a nanny so soon. But I knew that if I truly believed that that is what God told us to do, then I needed to believe in it when it wasn't "convenient" for me.

So after being off of the pill for 4ish months, we found out I was pregnant! I was very excited. Matt was... shocked. Seriously, for days, maybe even up until like 3 months after we had Audrey. I think he still couldn't believe that he was a dad. I'll post how I found out and told him. He still gives me grief about it, haha.

Post #2 down! I'm on a roll! Ok, maybe not yet, but it's a start.

No comments: