Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In death, there shall be life in Him

I know no one really reads my blog. :) So maybe I really just post for my own benefit. I like to get my feelings out. But if someone does read this, I just want it to remind you to pray for the Burgess family. Remind you how short life is. Remind you that we are not only earthly beings, we are spiritual creatures, created by God. And in God's sovereignty, He has a bigger plan for us that we may not understand. His grace is sufficient and it's just amazing how He cradles His children in the midst of their pain. I don't even realize just how present He is in my life sometimes. I take His grace for granted. But I know I would never be able to make it without Him. If you are reading this and you want to experience God personally, you want to know what people are talking about when they talk about their Savior and how He took them from a life of darkness and sin, you can know. These aren't just cliches that people use for crutches to make hard times easier or as an excuse for their wrongdoings. God is real and Jesus Christ, His Son, is the only way. He is Truth and He is Love. Please listen to the calling that is in your heart. God wants you as His child. He wants to share His kingdom with you. Accept Him, let go of your sin, and you will know all of these things are real and you will see them in your life.

Again, remember to pray for Rick and Sheri Burgess and their 4 children, as they're dealing with the loss of their 2 year old son.

4 comments:

Eleanor said...

Hey Carla!! I read your blog and enjoy keeping up with you through it! I think this post is very well said and exactly true! I am so sad for the Burgess' family...I cannot imagine. Thank God they know Him!

I hope you are doing well! I guess you are still at the bank? Anything new and exciting happening there or at home?

love,

Eleanor

Jessica said...

I read your blog my dear.

Carla said...

Thank you both!! That makes me feel loved!

And this is for Eleanor - I am still at the bank :( ha. It's the same, pretty much except now Frank is back here permanently. I am looking around though at some other avenues. Not too much at home besides our puppies, but you probably saw those pictures on facebook. You should start a blog so I can know what's going on with you!

Matty said...

I love you baby. I am sorry that i have overlooked your blogs. I miss you and your heart! Never leave that thought. I always want to be close to you and you to my heart!