Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ya gotta have faith, faith, faith

From the mouth of George Michael comes much needed encouragement. An unlikely source, but his words are true. You do have to have faith. Everyone believes in something. I need faith right now...I'm probably restating things I've already wrote about, but I guess it's just one of my weak areas. I have to trust God to provide. I'm silly to think that I've made it this far on my own. And as my husband reminded me, God wouldn't put me in something I can't handle. I know all this...as a general rule, I suppose. But man, I just have so many, like, substitution clauses in there. For instance, if I chose to put myself in a situation and didnt follow God's will, is He still going to let that situation continue, or is it all going to blow up in my face? I mean...gosh. I need some verses on faith or something. I really need His guidance right now. I definitley have a mustard seed in this category.

On the other hand, I'm also praying about stepping out in faith in another area. It's kind of a situation that I can "control" so to speak. But ultimately He's in control of everything. I dont know whethere or not I should continue to "do what I have to do" or if I should just trust that He's not going to let anything happen that is not in His time. I'm sure this is confusing everyone. Any input you have will be welcome.

By the way, I love you Matt. Thank you for listening to me and comforting me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

try these on for size...
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love" - Galatians 5:6